Have you had a recent oral cancer screening? 42,000 people are diagnosed with oral cancer every single year in our country. The good news is that treating oral cancer is much easier if it is found early. That’s why Cannon Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery offers oral cancer screenings at every dental checkup.
If you find yourself wondering whether you might have oral cancer before your checkup, there are things you can do to evaluate your own health and determine whether an earlier screening might be helpful. Here are some questions to ask:
– Do you see any visible damage to your mouth with no apparent cause, such as eroded areas, patches, rough spots, lumps, bumps, or any sores and lesions that haven’t healed after 2 weeks?
– Have you experienced bleeding which doesn’t clot easily?
– Are you feeling numbness or a loss of feeling in the head, face, and neck?
– Do you have a constant sore throat, a strange feeling of a lump in the back of your throat, or problems chewing, speaking, eating, and swallowing?
– Have you recently had a dramatic weight loss that is not otherwise easily explained?
If you find yourself answering yes to one or more of these questions, please stop by Cannon Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery for an oral cancer screening from Dr. Daniel Cannon and our team at our amazing dentist facility in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You can call us at 918-743-1351. Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!