What is facial trauma?
Facial trauma includes injuries to the face. Because of the nature of these injuries, facial trauma often involves a high degree of both emotional and physical trauma. The following are common types of facial trauma our oral surgeon can treat at Cannon Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery:
- Avulsed (knocked-out) teeth
- Facial lacerations
- Fractured facial bones (such as the cheek, nose, or eye socket)
- Fractured jaws (upper and lower jaw)
- Intraoral lacerations
Dr. Daniel Cannon is trained, skilled and qualified to manage facial trauma repair in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In addition to extensive training, he is on staff at St. John’s Hospital in Tulsa and has experience in treating a variety of facial injuries. We are prepared to treat:
- Soft tissue injuries of the maxillofacial region (often repaired with suturing)
- Bone injuries of the maxillofacial region (often treated with stabilization)
- Injuries to the teeth and surrounding dental structures (sometimes requiring the expertise of various dental specialists)
Whether your facial trauma is caused by motor vehicle accidents, work-related injuries, interpersonal violence, accidental falls, sports injuries, or other factors, we are dedicated to helping you improve the health, function and appearance of your smile and the surrounding structures. For more information on facial trauma repair and treatment, we welcome you to contact us at 918-743-1351 today.