When it comes to recovering from an oral surgical procedure, be sure to listen to all advice your oral surgeon has provided. Oral surgery can be scary. However, there are many things you can do to help the healing process along in a healthy manner.
Our oral surgeon, Dr. Daniel Cannon with Cannon Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, is excited to provide the highest quality of care available and help you through the surgical process and recovery. That is why we have provided some information concerning recovering from oral health surgery.
Here are some tips to a safe and healthy oral surgical recovery:
- Remember your doctors complete instructions. The directions your doctor gives you will help you along during the recovery process.
- Discuss the ideal food and drink options with your doctor. There are foods, hot or cold cause diverse conditions for the state of your teeth and gums. This information is vital to know when it comes to your recovery process.
- Always get plenty of rest. Sleep is your body’s way of healing naturally, so by allowing your body rest and heal, you are helping yourself recover faster. Also, recall any advice your doctor gave you about sleeping at an angle. Some surgeries require you to rest at an angle until you are fully recovered.
- Avoid tobacco use during your recovery. Tobacco aggravates the gums and can slow down the healing process tremendously. It is best to avoid tobacco in any form during your recovery time.
- Attend all after-care appointments with your doctor to confirm you are healing correctly. These appointments will help you evade infections or any complications after surgery.
As you can see, there are things you can do to safeguard your recovery process. If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact our office at 918-743-1351. Our team is happy to help you with any questions or concerns you may have about your treatment with us and the recovery process, so you can have a healthy recovery.